BPF Internet of Things, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
BPF Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
The 2019 edition of the Best Practice Forum will focus on trust in applications that combine IoT, Big Data and AI technologies for addressing societal challenges.
The BPF intends to identify policy questions related to trust in the use of IoT, Big Data and AI technologies to solve societal challenges, and collect best practices to address them.
The BPF builds on the BPF 2018 that focussed on fostering the multistakeholder dialogue in field of IoT, Big Data, AI in an Internet context.
|BPF IoT, Big Data, AI Survey
Input received before 8 OCTOBER 2019 will be included in the draft BPF output document.
Participation in the work of the BPF IoT-Big Data-AI is free and open to all interested. Please subscribe to the mailing list to keep track of the latest developments.
- Subscribe to this BPF mailing list: https://intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/aiiotbd_intgovforum.org
For general inquiries on the BPF please contact bpf-IoT-BD-AI@intgovforum.org
Draft Work Plan
Phase I: Scoping the work of the 2019 BPF [March/April]
- Identifying a select number of priority policy challenges
- Survey launch
Phase II: Thematic discussions [May/June]
- Thematic discussions on policy challenges and best practices to address them
Phase III: Preparing the BPF output
- Drafting BPF report [July/Aug]
- Review draft BPF Report [Sept]
- Draft BPF report published for community input [Sept/Oct/Nov]
Phase IV: BPF IoT, Big Data, AI workshop at IGF 2019
Publication final BPF output [December 2019]
Meeting Summaries and Announcements:
- Virtual Meeting I, 4 March 2019 – summary
- Virtual Meeting II, 1 April 2019 – summary
- Virtual Meeting III, 15 April 2019 – summary
- Virtual Meeting IV: 29 April 2019 – summary
- Virtual Meeting V: 20 May 2019 – summary
- Virtual Meeting VI 3 June 2019 – recording
- Virtual meeting VII: 17 June 2019 – recording
- Next Meeting: Virtual meeting VIII: 10 September 2019 at 12:00 p.m. UTC – Meeting information